Saraswati Bhawan is a non-profit religious organization founded by Acharya Dawa Chhodak Rinpoche to:
- Preserve the Buddhist doctrine and practice as represented by its recognized lineage holders. In particular, to preserve, transmit, and establish the lineage of Vajrayana Buddhism to the United States.
- Conduct translation, publishing, and preservation projects of ancient Buddhist texts and ritual arts.
- Provide support here and abroad to those ordained priests and practitioners who have dedicated their lives to Buddhist practice.
- Create outreach programs to provide healing and other religious services to the public and the environment.
- Establish centers for study and practice of Vajrayana Buddhism.
We are dedicated to the practice and preservation of the ancient Buddhist Tantric tradition as held by the Nyingma sect of Tibet. In particular, we focus on the Khandro T’huk-t’hik path of the Dudjom Tersar and the Rigdzin Sogdrub yogic practices of the Northern Treasures lineage.
We are dedicated to upholding the tradition of the Yogis, or Ngakpas according to the precepts set forth by Guru Rinpoche. Ngakpas and Ngakmos are a unique order within the tantric Buddhist tradition, dedicating their lives to the profound meditative and yogic practices of the tantras which involve long, isolated retreats.